Our world is filled with masses of super healthy foods that enhance our well-being from the inside out. I love to eat so eating seems to be my favorite way to maintain my health. It’s actually very easy to get your health in check by simply eating! You just have to choose the right foods that provide exceptional health benefits. Here are a few great superfoods that I encourage you to start implementing in your own diet:
- Turmeric. This yellow spice is what give mustard its color. It can be used to treat chronic inflammation, arthritis, digestive problems, infections, anxiety, and heart disease. Turmeric contains antioxidants that may also slow cancer growth. You can add a little bit of it to dishes like rice or beans or really anything to start reaping its benefits. (Source: Greatist)
- Guava. This fruit is full of vitamins and antioxidants. It contains more Vitamin C than an orange and also has a high dosage of Vitamin A, copper, folate, lycopene, and manganese. Guava can help fight off type 2 Diabetes and harmful bacteria that cause skin infections. (Source: Greatist)
- Hemp seeds. Hemp seeds contain a good source of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. They are also extremely protein rich and contain potassium, magnesium, zinc, and iron. You can toss this seeds on your salads, pastas, cereal, and even baked goods. (Source: greenlemonade)
- Sweet potatoes. Rich in potassium, fiber, and Vitamins B and C, sweet potatoes are an excellent starch to incorporate into your diet. (Source: Shape Magazine)
- Blueberries. This fruit is high in antioxidants, which can help fend off cancer and heart disease. They are also full of potassium and Vitamin C. So sprinkle a handful on your yogurt or ice cream once in a while to improve your health. (Source: Webmd)
- Tea. Both black and green teas are great for health. They’re rich in antioxidants to help prevent cancer. Tea is also beneficial in lowering cholesterol. Try swapping your usual coffee for an iced tea once or twice a week this summer. (Source: Webmd)
Do you eat any superfoods on a regular basis? If so, what? Leave me a comment to let me know what you like and what works for you.
Have a beautiful super day!